Jello Cake – an easy, light spring dessert
My mom made Jello Cake for us when I lived at home and what a delicious dessert it is! If I had to pick a cake that reflected spring to me I can’t think of one better than this, Jello Cake. You can actually get creative by pairing your favorite flavor cake with your favorite flavor of Jello. I like a white or yellow cake with cherry flavored gelatin. Making this cake is as simple as…
1 box cake mix
1 large box of Jello (I think that’s a 4 oz box) or 2 of the small – can be generic brand
1 regular sized container of Cool Whip or generic brand whipped topping
- Make your cake according to box instructions.
- When done baking, allow to cool for while.
- Poke holes all over using fork or end of wooden spoon.
- Now- prepare Jello by only using the step that calls for hot water and mix to dissolve. Do NOT add the cold water (because you don’t want to water-down that great flavor). Note: Two of the small boxes did give me more Jello than I needed but I don’t think one small box is enough.
- Pour all over your cake, put in the fridge to chill for a little while.
- After its chilled for a little while frost it with your tub of cool whip.
- Put back into fridge to chill thoroughly.
Be sure to have plenty of friends or family to share this with or you may eat too much yourself!
*I’m sharing this post at the following link-ups: Susie QT pies and