Welcome to Frugal Friday week #7 where I share my personal money saving tips on cleaning supplies, towels and body care products WITHOUT using coupons. Most of the body care products I’m sharing are ones I make myself like this shea body butter and facewash. I am using my affiliate links in this post.
Though we do usually buy this store bought soap because it’s my husband’s favorite, I prefer my brother’s Buckeye Soap Works’ all-natural homemade soap that he makes and sells on his Facebook Page here. I have a tip for keeping it from disappearing too fast. I reveal that in the video below.
Catch ALL my Frugal Friday Videos at my Youtube Channel here. I hope you’ll subscribe there so you get all my upcoming videos!
Additional links and facewash recipe mentioned in the video will be at the end of this post.
Foaming Facewash Recipe:
- 1 foaming pump bottle (you can buy here or reuse an empty one)
- Step 1: Fill with 2/3 cup of water
- Step 2: Add 1/3 cup of liquid castile soap
- Step 3: Add 1 Tablespoon of grape seed oil <– I use that brand. *See below.
- Step 4: Add 3 drops of Lavender essential oil
- and 6 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
Give the bottle a little swish to mix.
*You can use jojoba (for dry skin) instead of grape seed (for normal to oily) if you wish. Obviously you can use this as handwash, too! I’ve used Thieves essential oil in place of the Tea Tree when making for hand wash.
Of course, as I shared in this Frugal Friday video, I make my own laundry soap, too!
How do you save money on your cleaning supplies and body care?
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- Dissecting Owl Pellets for Bones – Homeschool Science - September 19, 2017
- 7 Benefits of Adopting our Kittens from the Humane Society - September 15, 2017
- 10 Questions I’m Asked in this Homeschool Mom Collab Video - September 10, 2017