A lot of homeschool parents appreciate the opportunity to supplement their children’s homeschool studies with educational classes held at local zoos, parks and museums. I do too!
When my boys were young we use to do these at the Exploration Gateway / Sippo Library in Canton, Ohio. Now that my boys are older I’d love to have them take some classes again somewhere.
Below I’m sharing a simple round up of zoos and museums (and other places) in Ohio linking to their homeschool and educational class page for your easy perusal. I hope you find it a helpful resource that you keep coming back to!
Feel free to bookmark or Pin this post to your boards so you can come back again and again!
Educational Classes for Homeschoolers in Ohio
Under each link I’ll list some excerpted highlights from each website of what classes or offerings I found at each location so you can decide if it’s worth checking into further. NOTE: Some places actually offer special “homeschooler days”. Always keep that in mind, you may save on general admission on those days.
Homeschool Classes in Akron
- Zoo School Wednesdays: This program may contain a zoo tour, animal encounters and more! Ages 3-5 and 6-12.
- Zoo Science: Experienced staff teach your students all about life science. This program may contain a zoo tour, animal encounters and more! Ages 6-8, 9-12.
- Teen Enrichment Programs: Students will help provide enrichment to a few zoo animals and even help by doing observations on how the zoo’s exhibit animals play with the enrichment the students make them.
- Homeschool Workshops (visit the website linked above for more info on any or these programs).
- Super Science Saturdays (once a month), new topic explored each month.
- Day Camps
- Simply Science
- Youth Nights & MORE
Homeschool Classes in Canton
- Science and Ohio History programs offered listed by grade and topic.
- This is where we did the Little Explorers programs when my boys were young.
Homeschool Classes in Cleveland
- See the monthly program topics for K-8th grade at the link above.
- Programs are open for preschool through age 12 and virtual field trips for middle and high schoolers with the option to create your own package.
- Homeschool Wednesdays for K-8th grades. Watch for new classes and be ready to register.
- Homeschool Wednesdays for K-6th grades, once a month. Each month covers a different garden theme.
Click here to read about our visit to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
Homeschool Classes in Columbus
- Hmm. Not much offered.
Homeschool Classes in Cincinnati
- Family overnights appear to be offered more often than “family programs” and sounds pretty cool. Check it out here.
Homeschool Classes in Toledo
- See monthly topics but note, it appears you have to pay for admission to the zoo on top of registration for the class.
Am I missing an Ohio zoo or science museum that you feel should be offered in this listing? Help me out by telling me in the comments so I can consider adding it to this list. Thank you!
Looking for the best individual or family membership plan to zoos and museums? Read my posts below!