*UPDATED for 2020 plus a couple new places at the end of the post.
A lot of homeschool parents appreciate the opportunity to supplement their children’s homeschool studies with educational classes held at local zoos, parks and museums. I do too!
When my boys were young we use to do these at the Exploration Gateway / Sippo Library in Canton, Ohio. Now that my boys are older I’d love to have them take some classes again somewhere.
Below I’m sharing a simple round up of zoos and museums (and other places) in Ohio linking to their homeschool and educational class page for your easy perusal. I hope you find it a helpful resource that you keep coming back to!
Feel free to bookmark or Pin this post to your boards so you can come back again and again!
Educational Classes for Homeschoolers in Ohio
*** UPDATED for 2020 ***
Under each link I’ll list some excerpted highlights from each website of what classes or offerings I found at each location so you can decide if it’s worth checking into further. NOTE: Some places actually offer special “homeschooler days”. Always keep that in mind, you may save on general admission on those days.
Homeschool Classes in Akron
I didn’t see any explicit homeschool classes for 2020 listed but check out the Field Trips page (link above) and other helpful links like Teachers Resources, Zoo Camp and more on that page.
- Super Science Saturdays (once a month), new topic explored each month.
- Day Camps
- Simply Science
- Youth Nights & MORE
Homeschool Classes in Canton
- Science and Ohio History programs offered listed by grade and topic.
- This is where we did the Little Explorers programs when my boys were young. They also offer classes up to adult that are not “homeschool labeled” so be sure to check everything!
Homeschool Classes in Cleveland
- See the monthly program topics for K-8th grade at the link above.
- Visit the website for more info about programs and virtual field trips with the option to create your own package.
- Homeschool Wednesdays for K-8th grades. Watch for new classes and be ready to register.
- Homeschool and other-described learning opportunities are available. The link above takes you to the basic index to start from. You can find homeschool programs under Youth & Family Programs.
Click here to read about our visit to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
Homeschool Classes in Columbus
- They say they are working on this for 2020.
Homeschool Classes in Cincinnati
- I didn’t see any “homeschool” classes but there appear to be educational opportunities that may be a great fit for your family.
Homeschool Classes in Toledo
- “This is a three-season program starting in September and running through mid-May. … Program participants will be divided by age group.” Single packages not available. See the link above for details.
Am I missing an Ohio zoo or science museum that you feel should be offered in this listing? Help me out by telling me in the comments so I can consider adding it to this list. Thank you!
Looking for the best individual or family membership plan to zoos and museums? Read my posts below!
The Normal Johnson Center in Dover, Ohio offers homeschool classes. Access their 2020 Calendar link found on this page.
The Wilderness Center in Wilmot, Ohio offers homeschool classes. Check their homeschool link found on their education page here.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- Homeschooling & Spending time on My Backyard Dig - October 21, 2020
- 7 Ways to Ruin a Pity Party – or bad attitude - August 29, 2020
- What we’re using to Homeschool 9th & 11th Grade + FREE PRINTABLE - August 1, 2020