Okay, I was going to call this post “How to reset/ reboot your Linksys Wireless Router for Dummies” but we’re not dummies…just shall we say, “technically challenged”? … Yeah, thats better.
Today I lost my wi-fi on my netbook. Here. At home. I didn’t know what was wrong- and in a calm sort of way, I guess I was sort of freaking out. Its one of those things where I felt like I had to fix it before I was willing to could do anything else.
So I began the process of elimination.
- I searched my Netbook for answers and discovered lots of links and info I wouldn’t have known existed before.
- I checked my wireless connections…there were several showing up, but not mine. How could I be closer to those other connections and not the one in my own house?!
- I looked online for help.
- Along the way, I prayed. I do that in just about any situation.
- I shut down my computer and turned it back on and it worked for a little while but eventually went out for good.
- I probably shut off and turned back on the machine a few more times.
- I removed my anti-virus program I had just added yesterday. That wasn’t the problem.
- I did a recovery to set my computer back to yesterday before my Windows updates and everything else. That wasn’t the problem.
- I got back online and looked for more help. I found an article that looked “official”. But the directions included about 8 steps, including a short video that, in my opinion, contracted the previous 8 steps and then a long list of tips and who knows what else.
This was way over my “technically challenged” abilities. And the post got me scared.
I decided to do 2 things- and it worked!
- I unplugged the cord from the back of the Router box marked “Power” and left it like that for about 20 seconds…
- I then plugged it back into the Router Box.
And I had wi-fi back to the Netbook!
It probably took me an hour or hours of trying this and that to realize the fix was only 2 simple steps and about 20 seconds of time.
Apparently this kind of need to reboot/ reset happens a lot and isn’t all that uncommon- thats what I gather after my online searching.
And thats how a girl like me reset her router 😉 . The end.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- 15 Factors of Bible Study You Need to Know - May 4, 2023
- This Blog & Social Media Planner may have all you need: Review - April 28, 2023
- How will my garden grow in 2023? - January 26, 2023