We had our first family experience with ice skating recently at the Center Ice Sports Complex in North Canton!
I was… uh… dreading it at least a little bit because its been a long time since I’ve skated and the older I get the more I can tell I’m not 20-something anymore!
This was our boys’ first time on ice skates and they sure took to it better than I expected. In fact, my 8 year old made sure I knew that he wants skating lessons now. He did fall at least a couple times out there and I fell at least once. But that’s because I was hamming it up for a friend’s camera (this was a blogger event). I did get some video you can view (my fall is not on it- ha!) and I wasn’t hurt (even better!).
Enjoy the video below (click here if you can’t see it). You’ll see Megan, the Skate Instructor, taking my son on the ice for circles. And if you want to learn more about the Center Ice Sports Complex and enter for a chance to win 4 tickets for admission to Open Skate … read on!
Center Ice Sports Complex is located in North Canton – not far from the Akron-Canton Airport.
They offer Open Skating, Skating Lessons, Figure Skating Club, Youth Hockey, high schools and college/adult hockey teams play there, Broomball, Birthday Parties and Fund Raising opportunities. You can call for details (330-966-0169) or visit their website here.
- Open Skate cost is $6 /adults and $5 /child and if needed, you can rent skates for $3.
- Drop in Hockey costs $10 during lunch time and $12 for adult-drop in.
- Skating Lessons (offered year round, including summers) cost $66 for a 6 week session. If you need skates, rental is $2 (per class I believe). Ages 3 to Adult welcomed! Classes are 40 minutes. Call to learn more.
Enter to win!
Want a chance to win 4 tickets to get in to Open Skate free?!!
A savings of up to $24!
Mandatory: leave me a comment here at the blog telling me why you want to win.
Extra entries: Want more chances to win? Come back once per day and leave me a comment telling me you want to win!
Giveaway begins today and ends February 9th 11:59pm EST. Winner will be picked randomly and will be emailed.
*Our family received free admission and skate rental to attend this blogger event hosted by Center Ice so we could learn more and tell you all about it! Opinions are mine/my family’s.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- Over 40 Homeschooling Posts to Encourage and Inspire - August 17, 2015
- Need more family time before school starts? - August 9, 2015
- Hard Candy cosmetics Review - August 5, 2015