Like many of you I’m on Facebook (personal account) ; and because I’m a blogger I do have a Facebook Page (which is kind of a “must” for a professional blogger). You can follow me there if you’d like. Please do, in fact! This is one of the places I share my latest blog posts.
I also have a free email subscription available so you get my new posts sent directly to your email the morning after they are posted. I’d love to send these posts to you, you can subscribe here.
[Back to Facebook.]
Well, I’ve been thinking about Christmas. Since I’m thinking about making homemade gifts this year I recently asked my Facebook Friends on my personal Facebook wall:
“… what have been some of your favorite small inexpensive, maybe homemade gifts you’ve received or given?”
I was truly impressed with the response I received. And, on hindsight I decided this would make a good post to share, thus we have 20+ DIY Gift Ideas Recommended by my Facebook Friends.
20+ Homemade DIY Gift Ideas
making cookies or other desserts
freshly grated Romano Cheese (along with some ammo 🙂 )
photo magnets made out of flat sided gems and pictures of family members
- can be from parent to child, grandchild to grandparent, sister to sister, etc
framed photo/ scrapbook of an older parent’s childhood home (very thoughtful and creative!)
homemade spices (steak rub, taco seasoning, etc and include the recipes)
natural house cleaners
head towel wrap
home grown, canned, organic food
- applesauce, apple butter, beefy tomato soup stock, etc
hot cocoa and cookie mixes in a jar
- Hot Chocolate Cones (not in a jar but makes a nice teacher gift)
canned jams or jellies, soups
homemade lip balm and hard lotion bars
- I’ve already made a batch that works as both lotion and lip balm. I’ll share later.
bath salts and sugar scrubs and soaps
- Chai Tea with Honey Sugar Scrub
- Brown Sugar Scrub
rice or flax seed aromatherapy bags with essential oils (lavender, cinnamon, eucalyptus)
personally designed coffee mugs (using Sharpies)
- Here’s a good post to read before attempting this project.
decorative jars filled with candies
- Recycle and repurpose sauce jars into these beautiful decorative jars!
trees, plants, flowers that can be transplanted in a yard
You can probably find a recipe or tutorial for just about every single one of these things on Pinterest. I love Pinterest and have a ton of stuff pinned myself. You can follow my boards here if you want.
Are you making homemade diy gifts this year?
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- Where would you go with Unlimited talk, text and data? - August 14, 2017
- Where to find Teacher & Homeschooler Discounts in Ohio - August 13, 2017
- Video: Showing my boys their 2017-2018 Homeschool Schedule - August 9, 2017