It’s that time of the month and the book we Moms of Master Books have received free to review is actually an Elementary General Science book called Water & Weather, From the Flood to Forecasts by Tom DeRosa and Carolyn Reeves. Opinions are my own.
Inside Water & Weather you’ll find 20 investigations designed for grades 3rd -6th. Each section should be done in order to get the most out of this book. “The learning progression recommended for this book is: engage, investigate, explain, apply, expand, and assess.” Almost every investigation involves gathering supplies for a hands on project.
This is a Christian world-view book that emphasizes God’s creation. Some of the investigations are as follows:
- In the beginning God created dinosaurs
- Digging in and reconstructing fossils
- Can rocks tell time?
- Ocean Zones, from light to dark places
- God’s system of purifying water
I’m excited about the potential for using this book as a science curriculum. It’s softcover and only $12.99. At the very end there is a Glossary of vocabulary words and definitions which could be used as spelling words and vocabulary for memorization. We haven’t started using it yet, but I hope to begin soon. If not this last half of the school year, perhaps over the summer.
Just FYI: There are at least four more books like this on different topics covering Matter, The Earth, Forces & Motion, and Energy.
Join us Moms of Master Books this Tuesday, February 26th at 9pm EST at the Master Books Facebook Page for our monthly party.
Prizes will be given away as we chat about this book!
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- Our Visit to the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center, Naples, FL (Pt 5) - February 19, 2017
- 5 Places to find FREE / Cheap Things & 8 Things I buy Used (FF8) - February 17, 2017
- See inside our Homeschool Minecraft Club & Make a Math Mosaic - February 15, 2017