I may earn a commission if purchases are made through links in this post. See my disclosure here.
The snow has finally made its grand appearance in our part of NE Ohio. Up until the past couple days, near me, we’ve had an incredibly mild winter. I mean, light flurries maybe a couple different days, but that was about the extent of it.
I think we finally have enough snow to go sledding and to make this simple snow cream recipe with a twist, if you like!
Now for the twist, before you get to the recipe!
- You may want to try a different flavor other than vanilla. Maybe almond or peppermint flavoring, if you have it.
- Since I use therapeutic grade essential oils from a brand I trust, I would probably try a drop or two of Peppermint or maybe Orange.
- For fun, try throwing in some chocolate chips or sprinkles.
- For extra run maybe try a little food coloring to make the snow a fun color.
The pictures I’m sharing in this post are from this time when we made this simple snow cream recipe, but without the twists.
Simple Snow Cream Recipe with a Twist
First things first. Gather yourself a big bowl of freshly fallen snow. Not the yellow kind. 🙂 I’ve used an empty ice cream container in the past for this, probably about a gallon size.
Now, in a separate bowl you’ll need to mix together the rest:
Pour the mixture over the loosely filled snow and mix. I think this yielded approximately a half gallon of snow cream. Don’t forget your twist! You could always add something else, say, a cherry on top?!
If you ended up adding a twist to your simple snow cream recipe I’d love to read about it. Please share in the comments!
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- Visiting Nethers Farm for Flint Ridge Flint (Hopewell, Ohio) - August 28, 2019
- Taking the Kids to Hocking Hills State Park - August 17, 2019
- Presque Isle State Park, Erie PA - August 17, 2019