Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
When God created man and the world in general, he did so in a pattern. I won’t assume to know all the patterns God uses (but maybe I’ll touch on another one later) and these 13 Saturdays aren’t designed to exhaust any particular subject. I am just going to talk today about one pattern, the pattern of 3’s after himself. God is triune, there are 3 parts to him and yet he is the ONE true God. He created man after himself- to have 3 parts.
We each have a…
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
I John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Studies in science and nature have revealed a world of 3’s that are not seen by the human eye necessarily. But first, a little quiz for those of you who doubt the existence of such a God or the idea that God created the world and everything therein (Psalm 24:1).
- When you look at a building how do you know it had a builder?
- When you admire a painting how do you know it had a painter?
- When you cross a bridge how do you know it had a designer?
Answer: The building, painting and bridge are all proof that someone has built, painted, and designed. Pretty common sense, huh?
So lets look at Romans 1:20 again and break it down…
“For the invisible things of him” …
God is 1 but has 3 parts:
- he is the Father,
- he is the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost
- he is the Son (also called the Word in John 1:1-4,14; Jesus Christ)
Again: I John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- He is omniscient (he is all-knowing)
- He is omnipresent (he is everywhere at the same time)
- He is Omnipotent (he is all-powerful) …..if you want scripture references for these 3, just ask and I’ll get them for you.
“…from the creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead;“
A World of 3’s
3 Kingdoms in our world: animal, vegetable, mineral
Environment: land, sea, air
Reality: time, space, matter
Time: past, present, future
Space: height, length, width
Matter: solid, liquid, gas
The Atom: proton, neutron, electron
Electricity: postive, negative, neutral
Water: H2O (2 hydrogen, 1 oxygen)
Fire: oxygen, heat, fuel
The sun: light rays, heat rays, chemical rays
Primary colors: red, yellow, blue
Race: caucasion, negroid, oriental (some will dispute this)
Music: melody, harmony, rhythm
Musical note: pitch, volume, duration
Game outcomes: win, lose, draw
By the way, the Bible has 3 applications: doctrinal, devotion, and historical.
Subscribe here to get my posts by email or RSS so you don’t miss a thing. We’ve got 12 more Saturdays to go! Invite a friend.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- 15 Factors of Bible Study You Need to Know - May 4, 2023
- This Blog & Social Media Planner may have all you need: Review - April 28, 2023
- How will my garden grow in 2023? - January 26, 2023