God’s Word is not subject to Man’s wisdom or Man’s ability to understand it. And Man’s wisdom refuses to submit to its authority.
- The Bible says in Genesis chapter one… “In the beginning God…”. That he created the world, mankind, animals, etc within 6 days.
- Man’s Wisdom says … “in the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded.” Evolution.
- God’s Word says God is Holy (I Peter 1:16). Holy means that he always does right, and never does wrong.
- The Bible says God transcends time (Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1). Before anything existed, God was there. Jesus/God is the Alpha & Omega (meaning He’s the beginning and the end). He’s always been around.
- God’s Word says God is a Trinity: three yet one (I John 5:7). He is God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit. John 1:1 again says that the Word of God was with God and the Word was God.
- Man’s wisdom says Jesus is/was NOT God.
- The Bible says God is omniscient (all-knowing), he is omnipotent (all-powerful), and he is omniprescent (he is everywhere all the time).
- Man’s wisdom says he is not accountable to God, his creator. So why should I care.
- God’s Word says God became a man and died (John 1:14 and Mark 15:39)…and he rose again! Because he’s God!
- Man’s religion says God is dead, or God does not exist.
- The Bible says Man is sinful because he is born under the curse of Adam’s sin AND because he chooses to sin (Romans 3:23 & 3:10).
- Man thinks …”At least I’m not as bad as he/she is”.
- God’s Word says there is an enemy called the Devil or Satan (Revelation 12:9).
- Man’s excuse for his own wrong-doing is to say… The Devil made me do it!
- The Bible says there is a literal hell (Matthew 25:41). Man does not want to accept this.
- Man thinks there is nothing after death. Just, the grave.
- God’s Word says there is Salvation by Grace (Eph. 2:8-9). This verse clearly shows that nothing we can do will get us to heaven.
- Man’s wisdom teaches that there is some way he can possibly be good enough or do enough good deeds to earn his way to heaven.
The point this week is that it is highly unlikely that man would sit down and write the Bible if he was able to. However, II Peter 2:21 says, …”For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”
Would a man write a book filled with prophecies saying that God would become a man, and would die for sinful people. He died for sinners, that would be all of us, friend. And everyone has the option of submitting their will to him and being saved/forgiven from their sins and having eternal life through Christ.
Faith in Christ’s work on the cross is necessary. I Corinthians 2:5 says, “That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”
Good deeds, perfection on your part, impossible. This gift is for all, even fornicators, adulterers, liars, dime-store thieves…murderers.
Its called…grace! For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
Truly, the list could go on, but the point is that The Bible could only be the product of God (Isaiah 55:8-11).
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, … Ephesians 2:4
What’s keeping you from receiving His FREE gift? Take the Good Test now and see where you stand.
To see the previous 8 weeks in this series, click here. To subscribe for my updates by email or RSS, click here. *Special Thanks to my wonderful husband who helps me a great deal with this series!! xoxox