I grew up in Tuscarawas County (Ohio) – small towns. Silly me, I can remember being afraid to drive about 30 minutes up I-77 to Canton (the nearest BIG city). God has a funny way about these things.
Where do I live now? Canton.
Where have I been between “too afraid to drive there” and “living there”?
- I started college in Canton when I lived in Dover. I commuted.
- Then I transferred to Liberty University in Virginia and lived on campus…for one semester.
- Campus was too costly so I got a job, got an apartment with roommates in Virginia- worked and went to school.
- I started driving from Ohio to Virginia and vice versa all. by. my. self.
- I drove to other states to visit friends .all .by. my. self.
- When my car died, I did something drastic, for me, I guess: I started riding the city bus *gasp*.
And I didn’t die. No one hurt me. I was. OK. (lol!)
I still get nervous in new situations, fearful, I don’t like stepping out of my comfort zone all the time (if ever). Being stretched hurts. Buts its good for me. And its good for you.
Do you let fear control you or do you face your fears and do what you know you should? As a born-again Christian I know that to let fear control me is to say to God that I do not trust Him.
Are you trusting God and stepping out in faith…
Or playing it safe by hiding behind your fear?
Would you like to follow my blog? You can subscribe here to have my posts delivered by email or RSS.