I came across a super easy recipe for making homemade caramel from another blogger. She had it listed in her Top 10 Coffee Drinks list one day. I’ll share a link to the post below.
Her recipe called for different measurements than what I used. Because the can of Sweetened Condensed Milk was larger I had to tweak the recipe.
Her recipe also called for using natural brown sugar
and I didn’t have any of that and I use Demerara Pure Cane now.
Easy Homemade Caramel (my version)
- 1 (14 oz) can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- about 1.5 cups Pure Cane Sugar (I’m now using Demerara Sugar) but I use to use -> brown sugar (not packed).I think the Pure Cane Sugar (big chunky brown colored sugar) is healthier and it changes the consistency of the caramel too!
*Stir while melting till smooth over Medium heat. Store in an airtight container. I’m going to put mine in the refrigerator to keep. I did notice as it sits out it doesn’t stay as smooth as when its heated up.
I used about 2 teaspoons of this caramel in my coffee today and I liked it. I didn’t feel like I needed to add any additional creamer.
I’m thinking about using this caramel to drizzle over an apple crisp later. (It might also be good over ice cream or as an apple dip!
*Want to follow along? You can receive my updated posts delivered to your email inbox.
You can see Mama Hall’s Top 10 Coffee Drinks, check out my Homemade version of a [Starbuck’s] Carmel Macchiato, and my 2 ingredient easy apple dip.
Also linking at Mom’s the Word.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- 15 Factors of Bible Study You Need to Know - May 4, 2023
- This Blog & Social Media Planner may have all you need: Review - April 28, 2023
- How will my garden grow in 2023? - January 26, 2023