I took my boys to the county fair back in August and splurged on an Elephant Ear.
I paid around $2 or $3 for just one of these tortilla shaped cinnamon-sugared yummies!
I decided I could probably make these cheaper at home and I was right! I can make 8 or 10 for $.99 (price of tortillas at Aldi, I’m not adding in any cost for the oil, cinnamon and sugar which I keep on hand as staples).
Now I make them for a treat at home and my 7 yr old can eat 3 at a time if he wants 😉
These are so easy and I use coconut oil (not virgin) to make it healthier, at least I think its healthier. As you may or may not know, Coconut Oil solidifies when the temps are cooler and it melts into oil when the temps are warmer.
- Use your oil of choice. I just scrape out as much coconut oil as I want and put it in a frying pan, heat it (till its hot enough to sizzle and crack when you sprinkle a few drops of water in it) then put your flour tortilla in the pan. You have to watch so they don’t burn. These do not take long. Flip them once.
- Remove tortilla from oil and place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on both sides
Watch that its not too hot for your child to bite into and enjoy!
*Do you like what you read here? You can get my updated blog posts delivered to you by subscribing here. Just choose your delivery method: email or RSS reader. And, its free!
*Sharing at: Strut your Stuff Saturday,
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- 15 Factors of Bible Study You Need to Know - May 4, 2023
- This Blog & Social Media Planner may have all you need: Review - April 28, 2023
- How will my garden grow in 2023? - January 26, 2023