My mom made this easy Jello Cake recipe for us when I lived at home and what a delicious dessert it is! If I had to pick a cake that reflected spring to me I can’t think of one better than this, Jello Cake. I am using my affiliate links.
How to make easy Jello Cake
You can actually get creative by pairing your favorite flavor cake with your favorite flavor of Jello. I like a white or yellow cake with cherry flavored gelatin. Making this easy Jello cake is as simple as…
- 1 large box of Jello or 2 of the small – can be generic brand (see the many flavors of Jello you can choose from here).
- 1 regular sized container of Cool Whip or generic brand whipped topping
I love my mixing bowls, I have two different sizes.
- Make your cake according to box instructions.
- When done baking, allow to cool for while.
- I always leave my cake in the pan. Poke holes all over using fork or end of wooden spoon.
- Now- prepare Jello by only using the step that calls for hot water and mix to dissolve. Do NOT add the cold water (because you don’t want to water-down that great flavor). Note: Two of the small boxes did give me more Jello than I needed but I don’t think one small box is enough.
- Pour all over your cake, put in the fridge to chill for a little while.
- After its chilled for a little while frost it with your tub of cool whip.
- Put back into fridge to chill thoroughly.
Be sure to have plenty of friends or family to share this with or you may eat too much yourself! 🙂
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- 15 Factors of Bible Study You Need to Know - May 4, 2023
- This Blog & Social Media Planner may have all you need: Review - April 28, 2023
- How will my garden grow in 2023? - January 26, 2023