I’ve decided I could use the accountability to be more disciplined and productive with my time so I’m joining the girls for the 3 in 30 Challenge.
The 3 in 30 is a link up opportunity to encourage each other to accomplish up to 3 goals within 30 days. I need to make some changes about how I use my time because I have some things not getting done. Today during church I felt like the Lord just confirmed to me that I need to do the hard part: the part I’ve been neglecting. Discipling myself to…
(1) getting out of bed earlier so I have that nice quiet house to myself and my thoughts before the kids get up, which will help me to…
(2) have the time to be faithful with my blogging/writing commitments which go beyond just my own thoughts on my own blog
(3) be faithful (and not sporadic) with teaching/training my boys to spend time with the Lord in His word daily and teaching them why they need to establish this area of their lives.
Time to live out better that chapter I’m having my boys memorize:
Psalm 1: 1-6
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
So tomorrow I start. I still have to work out the details like what time to get up. I’ll keep you posted.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- How will my garden grow in 2023? - January 26, 2023
- My Word for 2023 - January 11, 2023
- Holiday Sale on ALL my books – $4.99 - December 18, 2022
Thanks, Deanna! I’m sure I’ll love it too, once I get there. Yesterday and today didn’t make that goal but had good reasons for not. I’m still learning how to have a productive day regardless.
Day 2 and I’m not getting up any earlier… maybe even later! ha Isn’t that the way it goes. But yesterday was still productive. The night before my youngest had me up. And then last night I joined a gym and began working out again. So 2 good reasons for sleeping in, right?
You’ll love your morning time, once you get past the initial shock of the early morning! Welcome to the 3in30 challenge!
I love my time in the morning before my children get up. I wish I had more of it, but I don’t want to get up any earlier! I’m sure that you’ll be able to do it!