I am using my affiliate links in this post.
After reading some postings on Facebook about using wool dryer balls in place of dryer sheets I decided to try it myself. A friend of mine actually makes her own. I’m not sure which method she uses (there is more than one method to this and you’ll find many posts on Pinterest). I think she did mention it’s as simple as buying a wool sweater at the thrift store and some wool yarn, possibly a nylon stocking also.
However, I weighed the idea of how much all that could cost (throw in the learning curve and time to make them) and when I saw another review about Woolzies and that they were on sale on Amazon at that time… well, I took the easy way! I even had a few bucks of Amazon credit from something to use so I got my box of six XL Woolzie dryer balls for a good price.
About Woolzies, what the box says:
- Guaranteed to last 1,000 loads
- 100% Pure New Zealand Wool handmade in Nepal and 100% eco-friendly
- Reduces Drying Time by 25%
- Hypoallergenic , Good for you, good for the environment
- Softens naturally, helps eliminate wrinkles, helps reduce static
- (SAYS) Noise Free (but I can hear them bounce around in the dryer. I don’t mind it.)
- 100% safe for people with wool sensitivities
- No chemicals
- The more balls you use in the dryer the better your results will tend to be.
Inside the box I received an information card with some FAQs about Woolzies and some other tips. Two of the tips I haven’t tried yet, but probably will eventually. Here they are…
- After your laundry drys, take out two of the six balls and put a few drops of your favorite essential oil on them and toss back into dryer with the other four balls. Run your load on an air-fluff setting (no heat) for 10 minutes to make you clothes smell wonderful.
- To reduce static further, crumple up a sheet of aluminum foil into a ball about the size of your Woolzie ball and toss it in with the other six Woolzie dryer balls when drying your load.
Below I share more of my Woolzies dryer ball review along with a couple pictures of my loads:
I love that I’m using no chemicals and that is better for us.
I love that my loads are drying quicker; because, I really make my machines work hard with large loads.
I love not having to rely on traditional dryer sheets!
As I’m writing this review I see that Amazon has Woolzies XL Dryer Balls (6 pack) is on sale.
On a side note, because I do share work-at-home ideas for mom on my blog, I think this would be a great product to use in your at-home laundry business. I’m specifically thinking of those of you who have found this post: 6 Steps to Starting Your Own Laundry Business of great interest.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- 15 Factors of Bible Study You Need to Know - May 4, 2023
- This Blog & Social Media Planner may have all you need: Review - April 28, 2023
- How will my garden grow in 2023? - January 26, 2023