Another first for our family was visiting the Naples Zoo in Naples, Florida. Of course, everything we did in Florida was a “first” for our boys and myself as we had never been to Florida before. My husband had been to Florida a couple times years before we were married.
The Paradise Coast had provided us with tickets to the Naples Zoo and so we made a point to visit it. Opinions are my own, of course. I’ll provide a link to both places at the end of this post.
Florida is SO different from Ohio – no kidding, right? If you’re headed down to Naples from Yankee territory I really recommend a trip to the zoo, if you have not spent much time in the southern part of the USA. We saw animals we weren’t familiar with and the sounds of the Gibbons was really amazing! I don’t have a great picture of them but I will upload the short video to my Instagram account to share with you.
If you’ve never heard them, you have to listen to my Instagram video here! They sound so eery. It’s actually really cool.
We saw weird trees and found bananas growing!
We bought food and fed these white birds below (I think they may have been some type of osprey maybe). We saw a huge python as well.
You can get more information about the Naples Zoo at their website here. If you own a zoo membership that is part of the reciprocal program be sure to ask if you get free or discounted admission! Follow Naples Zoo on Facebook here.
Don’t forget to go to my Instagram link here to hear the gibbons (and feel free to follow me there)!
Did you miss a post? Subscribe here so you don’t miss the next!
- Part 1: Our first family flight flying Spirit Airlines nonstop from CAK to FL.
- Part 2: What we drove on Marco Island.
- Part 3: Our experience staying at The Boathouse Motel and what swam by our dock.
- Part 4: Our experience on the Princess Dinner Cruise.
- Part 5: Our Visit to the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center.
- Part 6: Eating at Pinchers at Tin City in Naples, FL.
- Part 7: Visiting the Naples Zoo
- Part 8
- Part 9
- Part 10
- Part 11
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- How to Potty Train in a Weekend - May 29, 2017
- 2 NEW things in our Homeschooling that May help You - May 21, 2017
- New Blog Schedule & Family Life - May 17, 2017