Spring break is behind us for most kids now and I bet a lot of you are looking forward to summer vacation! Right? Right?
Maybe Florida is on your list?
Well, last November our family flew non-stop from NE Ohio to SW Florida (like a two and half hour flight) to spend almost a week exploring SW Florida!
In addition to eating alligator, we got to see a lot of them and even hold one. I’ve been writing about our trip for months as you’ll see by the list of posts below. Please check out the other links at the end of this post to learn about all the things we did in Florida! Our trip was sponsored but opinions are our own.
Thanks to the Paradise Coast: Naples, Marco Island, and the Everglades Visitors & Convention Bureau in Florida who put together a great itinerary for us, we enjoyed new experiences during our first-EVER family trip to Florida!
Again, you’ll see all of our main stops at the end of this post – and I have a couple additional posts to yet write sharing some of the places our family did on our own so you may want to subscribe here to get those delivered to your email when they come out.
Our Everglades Excursion began when the van picked us up from our motel. Our knowledgeable tour guide drove us to the everglades making stops here and there to look for manatees and alligators that roam wild.
We also saw and learned how certain turtles and burrowing owls are protected in Florida. Roped off areas with perches marked the underground holes of the burrowing owls. In the image above you’ll see us looking out the window at a turtle.
Part of our excursion included an airboat ride through the Florida mangroves with Captain Jack’s Airboat Tours. And, let me say, you better be prepared to hold on. O, boy!
After our airboat ride our tour guide took us to Wooten’s for an alligator show and to see the alligators that live there – big and small! We also got to hold a small one as you’ll see if you visit my Instagram page here.
As a homeschooling mom I love that we *ahem, the kids, got to learn about what makes Florida so different from Ohio from terrain to wildlife.
Be sure to check out the other posts from our trip below and consider subscribing to my blog at this link so you get all my upcoming posts delivered right to your inbox. I’d love to stay in touch!
Did you miss a post? Subscribe here so you don’t miss the next!
- Part 1: Our first family flight flying Spirit Airlines nonstop from CAK to FL.
- Part 2: What we drove on Marco Island.
- Part 3: Our experience staying at The Boathouse Motel and what swam by our dock.
- Part 4: Our experience on the Princess Dinner Cruise.
- Part 5: Our Visit to the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center.
- Part 6: Eating at Pinchers at Tin City in Naples, FL.
- Part 7: Visiting the Naples Zoo
- Part 8: We ate Alligator at the Snook Inn
- Part 9: Our Everglades Excursion Tour in SW Florida
- Part 10: Bonus! The beaches we visited.
- Part 11: Bonus! Additional places we found to eat at that we can recommend.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- A Budget Friendly Military Themed Birthday Party - April 24, 2017
- Visiting the Alligator Farm, Airboat Ride & Everglades Excursion Tour (Pt 9) - April 13, 2017
- Spring Break fun at Castaway Bay in Sandusky, Ohio (Giveaway, too!) - April 6, 2017