I wanted to wrap up my blog post series about our amazing first family trip to Florida by telling you about a couple restaurants we ate at and that I can recommend. This will be an extra short post, sorry about that.
And, here’s something weird…I know. But, this is Part 11 and I’ll be sharing Part 10 (the Beaches) later. A little backward, but …whatever. That’s how I’m ending the series. But you can start at the beginning of my Florida trip series at this link.
Two Restaurants with Home Cooking on Marco Island
Our first breakfast on Marco Island was at a place called Breakfast Plus located in a plaza.
Breakfast Plus was had a small-town, mom-pop diner feel to it.
I would totally go there again! I had the sausage gravy and biscuit with hash browns, our son had pancakes. And, because our trip was back in November and I’ve had so much to share from this trip, I can’t remember all the details…like what did my husband and other son eat? One of them probably had pancakes also.
Moving on to Kirk’s Coney Island
During the week we stopped in a small causal diner located in another small plaza called Kirk’s Coney Island.
Being from up north, Ohio, it was “like home” to find some yankee cooking.
This diner is more Michigan than Ohio, I guess, but hey, Michigan and Ohio are neighbors…and sworn enemies in college football, right? 🙂
And look at those dishes…like what you’d find a mama’s. Cheesy fries and coney dogs, need I say more?
See, I told you this would be a short post. This post is just a bonus from our trip: a couple restaurants we found while in town.
If you’ll be traveling to Marco Island, Florida anytime soon be sure to look for those two restaurants for some “home style cooking”, if that is what you’re craving.
Get more info about Breakfast Plus on Marco Island, Florida at their website here.
Get more info about Kirk’s Coney Island on Marco Island, Florida at their website here.
Did you miss a post? Subscribe here so you don’t miss the next!
- Part 1: Our first family flight flying Spirit Airlines nonstop from CAK to FL.
- Part 2: What we drove on Marco Island.
- Part 3: Our experience staying at The Boathouse Motel and what swam by our dock.
- Part 4: Our experience on the Princess Dinner Cruise.
- Part 5: Our Visit to the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center.
- Part 6: Eating at Pinchers at Tin City in Naples, FL.
- Part 7: Visiting the Naples Zoo
- Part 8: We ate Alligator at the Snook Inn
- Part 9: Our Everglades Excursion Tour in SW Florida
- Part 10: Bonus! The beaches we visited (coming soon!).
- Part 11: Bonus! Additional places we found to eat at that we can recommend.
Latest posts by Tracy Zdelar (see all)
- Visiting Serpent Mound in Peebles, Ohio - April 8, 2018
- My Interview on Ohio Podcast - March 31, 2018
- Taking the Family to the Pro Football Hall of Fame - March 24, 2018